Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Fashion of the Christ

Okay, I have no idea what possessed me. I think someone at the recent SCCCS conference mentioned Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ. And today, on my way to lunch, the thought occurred to me: "Someone out there must have done something called "The Fashion of the Christ."

Sure enough, here's a fashion show, starring a Jesus Christ impersonator.

Yes, it's a bit irreverent--but probably not sacreligious. I see it as a demonstratation the common misuse of Jesus as an icon for people's (including Christians) current cause du jour. In other words, people commonly make Jesus the spokesperson and posterboy for their particular hobbyhorse; this illustrates the tendency a bit more clearly through idiodic humor.

Enjoy (or don't)!

No comments:

/* ------ Google Analytics tracking code follows ------ */ /* ------ End of Google Analytics tracking code ------ */